- 2021 Newsletter (PDF, 6.52MB)
- 2020 Newsletter (PDF, 6.69MB)
- 2019 Newsletter (PDF, 6.96MB)
- 2018 Newsletter (PDF, 9.85MB)
- 2017 Newsletter (PDF, 11.24MB)
- 2016 Newsletter (PDF, 4.25MB)
- 2015 Newsletter (PDF, 8.02MB)
- 2014 Newsletter (PDF, 4.96MB)
- 2013 Newsletter (PDF, 4.84MB)
- 2012 Newsletter (PDF, 3.96MB)
- 2011 Newsletter (PDF, 7.42MB)
- 2010 Newsletter (PDF, 3.98MB)
- 2009 Newsletter (PDF, 4.38MB)
The Oxford Australia Fund was initiated to endow scholarships each year for academically top Australian graduates to go to Oxford University for study and research.
The first scholarships were established at the Australian National University in connection with the Campaign for Oxford 1993, with donations from Australian Oxford alumni and then with a large benefaction from the late Mr James Fairfax AC. Since 1998, this Fund has awarded scholarships to ninety-eight Australian graduates.
Scholarship selection is made on academic merit across the entire range of university disciplines with (partial) funding provided to Australian university graduates for the duration of a full-time Masters or Doctorate degree, or a second undergraduate degree, at Oxford.
In addition to the James Fairfax fund, a number of Oxford College linked funds provide specific scholarships thanks to generous donations from their Australian alumni and with matching College support:
- Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarship (PDF, 479KB)
- Ian Wilson-Guy White Magdalen College Oxford Australia Scholarship (PDF, 480KB)
- James Fairfax Oxford Australia Clarendon Fund Scholarship (PDF, 480KB)
- James Fairfax Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship (PDF, 467KB)
- Lincoln College Oxford Australia Scholarship (PDF, 479KB)
- Magdalen College Oxford Australia Scholarship (PDF, 479KB)
- University College Old Members Oxford Australia Scholarship (PDF, 480KB)
Many of the graduates return to Australia at the end of their studies and are found in academia, the law, the public service, consultancy firms, and non-profit organisations throughout the country. Others have found similar avenues in the UK, Canada, US, Japan, Singapore and the Philippines, and are wonderful exemplars of Australian energy, drive and commitment.
Australia is proud of them and benefits from their continuing links to their homeland.
To mark the 20th Anniversary of the Scholarships, we want to increase the endowment to double the funding level of each scholarship from its current $15,000 per year. Please help us reach this target.